1- READ THE BLOG!
SHARE this site with a friend!
- Saturday's Best Deals: Nintendo Classics, Sonos and Atmos Speakers, Nike Flash Sale, and More Discounted home theater speakers for the Super Bowl, refurbished SNES and NES classics, and a Nike weekend flash sale lead off Saturday’s best deals from around the web.Read more...
- Amazon's Terrific Super Bowl Audio Deals Include Sonos and Dolby Atmos It’s not surprising that Amazon would run a home theater audio sale with the Super Bowl now just two weeks away. But holy crap, we weren’t expecting so many great options.Read more...
- The American Dream Should Be: To Be Happy What's up guys, today's episode is full of keynote segments I did in NYC at the Twitter Headquarters, a VaynerMentors session and at Luminary
- Why You Should Try 'Challenging' Recipes Right Now Similar to rollerblading, cooking is not something everyone has a knack for. Also like rollerblading, cooking is something that one can learn, and a big part of learning is practice. They say fortune favors the bold, and taking on intimidating challenges will make you a better cook. (This is where I find cooking and…Read more...
- Should You Convert to a Roth During a Down Market? If you’re a high earner or invest in a traditional IRA, you might be planning to convert your account to a Roth for some tax savings and easy access to your contributions, depending on your circumstances. When to convert, though, is a question with a million different considerations. There’s no perfect time, of…Read more...
- Calm Your Mind With the Brainstorm Cocktail Happy weekend, everyone, and welcome back to 3-Ingredient Happy Hour, the weekly drink column featuring super simple yet delicious libations. This week we’re making a classic—I’m talking 1930s—cocktail: the Brainstorm.Read more...
- What is Subornation of Perjury, Anyway? Last night, BuzzFeed News published evidence that Donald Trump actively instructed his ex-personal counsel Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about the Trump Tower Moscow project. If you woke up to a timeline full of Twitter Lawyers screaming about subornation of perjury and you aren’t quite sure what it means, here’s…Read more...
- 13 Insights About Relationships That Could Save You A Lot of Pain“Its amazing how quickly someone can becomes a stranger; its even more amazing how quickly someone can become a treasured friend.” ~Unknown The past six months have been unbelievably difficult for me. My “normal” life turned upside down and inside … The post 13 Insights About Relationships That Could Save You A Lot of Pain appeared first on Tiny Buddha.
- How to Keep Going When Doubts and Fears are Holding You Back“If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” ~Vincent Van Gogh I don’t think there is anything more liberating. At least nothing I’ve experienced at this … The post How to Keep Going When Doubts and Fears are Holding You Back appeared first on Tiny Buddha.
- Woman Praises Kind-Hearted Police Officer for Helping Her Get ‘Hamilton’ Tickets in Her Time of NeedPolice officers are not generally praised for their hand in delivering tickets, but Officer Dicandia is definitely the exception. The post Woman Praises Kind-Hearted Police Officer for Helping Her Get ‘Hamilton’ Tickets in Her Time of Need appeared first on Good News Network.
- Anxious About Hosting for the Holidays? Survey Offers Proven Tactics for Impressing Your GuestsIf you're nervous about having people over for the holidays, this survey of 2,000 Americans shows exactly what you can do to prepare. The post Anxious About Hosting for the Holidays? Survey Offers Proven Tactics for Impressing Your Guests appeared first on Good News Network.
- For Years, This IKEA Has Been Quietly Welcoming Stray Dogs Off the Streets So They Can Sleep InsideIf these stray dogs ever want to get out of the rain or heat, they are always given a place to sleep inside of a local IKEA. The post For Years, This IKEA Has Been Quietly Welcoming Stray Dogs Off the Streets So They Can Sleep Inside appeared first on Good News Network.
- In Largest Ever Donation to US College, $1.8 Billion is Donated for Low-Income StudentsThe financial contribution will ensure that – starting in 2019 – Johns Hopkins will “permanently” be a loan-free institution. The post In Largest Ever Donation to US College, $1.8 Billion is Donated for Low-Income Students appeared first on Good News Network.
- Squirrel Rescued From Roadside Now Hides Nuts in His Human’s Hair as He Prepares for WinterWhen Horatio the squirrel refused to leave Mandy McKenna's house, he went ahead and made himself at home by doing what squirrels do best. The post Squirrel Rescued From Roadside Now Hides Nuts in His Human’s Hair as He Prepares for Winter appeared first on Good News Network.
- 15 Really Infuriating Hotels That Deserve To Be Loudly Booed The Wi-Fi password is, "SUPERCALAFRAGALISTICEXPIALADOSHUS." View Entire Post ›
- 10 Offbeat Stories You Might Have Missed This Week (1/19/19) With another week in the history books, it is time to check the headlines. Morris’s list covers all the crucial stuff going on in the world, while we focus more on the strange and wacky here. We step into the world of music this week with tales about feuding neighbors, an unusual art installation, and […] The post 10 Offbeat Stories You Might Have Missed This Week (1/19/19) appeared first…
- 10 Things Believed To Exist (That Really Don’t) We all know the old phrase, “You can’t always believe what you see,” but sometimes, even what we think are facts can’t stand up to scrutiny. And even when a notion is proven wrong, it can continue to be accepted as true for some time. There are things that we believe are self-evident, even scientifically […] The post 10 Things Believed To Exist (That Really Don’t) appeared first on Listverse.
- Top 10 Quirky And Rare Facts About Martian Geology The race to colonize Mars is ongoing. However, it is not as easy as sending over people to live in igloo cities. We’ve already discussed the obstacles that astronauts must overcome on a voyage to Mars. But there’s far more to mystify us and conquer once we get there. The Red Planet’s geology is not […] The post Top 10 Quirky And Rare Facts About Martian Geology appeared first on…
- 5 Local Officials Who Went Mad With Power By Pauli Poisuo,E. Reid Ross,Johan Kurniawan,Tee Ngin Rui Published: January 19th, 2019
- 10 Mind-Blowing Things That Happened This Week (1/18/19) Keeping up with the news is hard. So hard, in fact, that we’ve decided to save you the hassle by rounding up the most significant, unusual, or just plain old mind-blowing stories each week. This week was one marked by just how little seemed to be changing, in the US and UK at least. In […] The post 10 Mind-Blowing Things That Happened This Week (1/18/19) appeared first on Listverse.
- Behold, A Movie About A Guy Who Kills Hitler And Bigfoot By Cedric Voets Published: January 18th, 2019
- I'm on Night Dreams Talk Radio Tonight!Tonight you can find me talking about the paranormal subjects on Night Dreams Talk Radio at 8 pm EST/7 pm Central/6 pm MST/5 pm PST. Hope you get a chance to listen!
- "Vanished" on History ChannelA 2-hour special is airing tonight on the History Channel called "Vanished" at 8 pm EST/7 pm CST.I know a lot of my readers have read the Missing 411 series by investigator David Paulides about the people who have gone missing in strange ways in our parks. This series is based on his research.I cannot wait to watch it. I hope y'all enjoy it.
- unbelievable-facts:The average woman overpacks her suitcase by...unbelievable-facts:The average woman overpacks her suitcase by about double. A study of 2,000 women showed they need an average of 34 clothing items for a week-long trip, but will pack 60, “just in case.”
- Hellier: Documentary Investigates Kentucky Goblins, UFO Sightings, and High Strangeness in the Heart of Coal CountrySomething strange is going on in the Appalachian Mountains. For hundreds of years, locals have reported startling run-ins with monsters that dwell in the area’s caves and caverns, mass sightings of unidentified lights in the skies, and contact with mysterious entities that seem to originate from beyond this world. Now, a new documentary from Planet […] The post Hellier: Documentary Investigates Kentucky Goblins, UFO Sightings, and High Strangeness in the…
- unbelievable-facts:A recent study by The University of...unbelievable-facts:A recent study by The University of Pennsylvania shows that women find bald men more attractive, dominant, and confident than men with hair.
- unbelievable-facts:When the Queen asked Prince William and...unbelievable-facts:When the Queen asked Prince William and Prince Harry to help her set up her voicemail, they recorded a voicemail greeting that said “Hey wassup! This is Liz. Sorry, I’m away from the throne. For a hotline to Philip, press one. For Charles, press two. And for the corgis, press three.“
- Bruce Campbell Brings Back "Ripley's Believe It Or Not!" For Travel ChannelTravel Channel apparently gets us. They are having Bruce Campbell host a redo of "Ripley's Believe It Or Not" this year! [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp_idj5xsz0]The show got some popularity when hosted by Jack Palance and later Dean Cain.[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KjLjcyAUKo]
- Weatherproofing Autonomy – Technologue Waymo, which recently launched its autonomous ride-hailing service in the Phoenix area, is betting big on traditional sensing technologies—including cameras, GPS, radar, and those super-expensive spinning lidar sensors on the roof. These Waymo cars are essentially beta-testers, which means they are not fail safe. (Remember Uber?) If Waymo happens to have an accident and the […] The post Weatherproofing Autonomy – Technologue appeared first on Motortrend.
- Refreshing or Revolting: 2020 Toyota Supra The 2020 Toyota Supra was finally revealed (officially) this week, returning the iconic nameplate to the lineup after an absence of more than 20 years. With such a big gap between this model and the last one, it goes without saying that expectations were high for the successor to the Mk IV, a car that […] The post Refreshing or Revolting: 2020 Toyota Supra appeared first on Motortrend.
- Altima-te AWD is the Latest Nissan to Get Snow Tracks Though Nissan’s obsession with tank treads grows tiring, the brand has proven you can put tracks on anything and make it cooler. Case in point: the Nissan Altima-te AWD project vehicle that just made its debut at the Montreal auto show. The one-off is based on a 2019 Altima and ditches its wheels for a set of heavy-duty […] The post Altima-te AWD is the Latest Nissan to Get Snow Tracks appeared first…
- 1993 Ford Mustang Cobra R Sells for a Record $132K at Barrett-Jackson As is usually the case at Barrett-Jackson auctions, this year’s Scottsdale sale is teeming with Mustangs. One of the most notable is this foxy red Cobra R coupe, which sold for $132,000, making it the most expensive Fox Body Mustang ever sold at auction. This 1993 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R was the 11th of just […] The post 1993 Ford Mustang Cobra R Sells for a Record $132K at Barrett-Jackson…
- The Cars the Government Shutdown Might Delay As President Trump and Congress feud over the government shutdown, regulatory agencies that test and approve vehicles for sale in the U.S. remain closed. That could impact the launch dates for several much-anticipated vehicles slated for launch in the next several months. This buzz-kill is in contrast to the public reaction to acres of shiny […] The post The Cars the Government Shutdown Might Delay appeared first on Motortrend.
- Stronger, lighter, greener A new award-winning magnet technology invented at the U.S. Department of Energy's Argonne National Laboratory could help drive the nation's transition from gas-powered vehicles to electric and hybrid power more rapidly, at lower cost, and in a more environmentally friendly way.
- Barrett-Jackson Hidden Gems: 2012 McLaren MP4-12C High Sport Chassis 9 The McLaren MP4-12C is a fascinating supercar. First of all, the fact that it exists is perhaps the craziest part of the story. Sure, McLaren’s flirted with passenger vehicles in the past. Back in the late ’60s, Bruce McLaren himself drove around the U.K. in a prototype M6GT, one of two built back when McLaren […] The post Barrett-Jackson Hidden Gems: 2012 McLaren MP4-12C High Sport Chassis 9 appeared first…
- Warriors needed: Special Operations units offer bonuses to boost ranks Despite the astounding success of America’s Special Operations Forces (SOF), decades of conflict and consecutive high-tempo deployments have taken their toll. Army SOF units are having trouble filling their ranks. In an attempt to alleviate this conundrum, the U.S. Army is offering financial incentives to applicants willing to try out for SOF units. Although far […]
- Op-Ed: Training yourself to become ‘comfortably uncomfortable’ in Special Operations Forces Special Operations requires a certain mental attitude as highlighted by this article on NEWSREP. The article described the character traits which are often found in candidates who successfully complete Special Operations selection. The article points out how the character traits of Integrity, Teamwork, Persistence, and Love of Learning ranked high among the study participants who […]
- Opinion: China’s recent tit-for-tat move a petulant response China is on my crap list. Well, heck, they have been on our national crap list for a long time now. The country’s preposterous preponderance of people notwithstanding, it possesses a noticeable deficiency when it comes to thinking for itself, that China does. I have to wonder if they aren’t suffering from the scourge of […]
- The world has returned to Great Power politics Threats to American civil life come from domestic sources: natural disasters, car crashes, the opiate crisis, and economic downturns, just to name a few. Bee stings kill (exponentially) more people than foreign-born terrorists do every year in the United States. Vast oceans and friendly neighbors have much to do with the lack of conflict, war, […]
- Tax season arrives, partial government shutdown may delay refunds The partial shutdown of the federal government may delay refunds of income tax payments, but taxes are still due April 15th. In addition, the tax reform enacted in 2018 is now in effect which brings numerous changes for everyone filing. Important things to know as employers begin sending out W-2 and 1099 forms: The standard […]
- Analysis: Irish Rangers to deploy to Mali Ireland will deploy its Special Forces unit, the Army Rangers, to Mali to support U.N. operations within the country. This a positive move for Ireland, as it will deepen ties with Europe and the U.N., and allows the elite Irish units to be truly tested in what is regarded as the most dangerous U.N. mission […]
- The Pic of the Day: SpaceX’s Mars mission vision According to SpaceX‘s press release: SpaceX’s Starship and Super Heavy Rocket represent a fully-reusable transportation system designed to service all Earth orbit needs as well as the Moon and Mars. This two-stage vehicle, composed of the Super Heavy rocket (booster) and the Starship (ship), will eventually replace Falcon 9, Falcon Heavy and Dragon. By creating […]